What is Capoeira?
Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian art and cultural heritage. It is practiced like a game using a variety of dance-like martial art movements performed to live music inside a circle known as the capoeira roda.
Why Practice Capoeira?
Capoeira is a beautiful art that offers many physical, mental, and emotional benefits including:
• Fun and healthy exercise
• Learn self-defense
• Help reduce stress
• Meet new friends
• Express yourself creatively
• Learn about music, history, and culture
Capoeira Class Details
• Classes are held on Saturdays, 10:00am–11:00am
• This class is great for beginners and those with prior experience.
• New students and guests are always welcome.
How to Get Started
Classes are offered in monthly sessions. Drop-ins are welcome.
Visit http://www.capoeiramilwaukee.org to register for this class.
Check out the Capoeira class schedule here!